We offer different levels of certification for those interested in learning more about the theory as well as practical implementation of TSRT in different clinical settings.
Basic TSRT 1/2 Day Seminar
This training provides an overview of the theory and empirical evidence underlying Traumatic Stress Recovery Training. Participants will also learn:
- The difference between a traumatic and non-traumatic event
- A new, non-stigmatizing way to think about the “problem of PTSD”
- The biological and psychological cause of PTSD
- The limits of logic as it applies to PTSD Treatment
- What is Natural Resiliency?
- The GROWTH Model: a step by step plan for natural recovery.
Target Audience: Individuals, groups or organizations with either a history of trauma exposure (i.e. childhood abuse or military or occupationally related trauma) who may or may not currently have symptoms of PTSD.
Cost: $ 50 per individual. Discounts available for veterans and their family members.
Train the Trainer: TSRT for Non-Mental Health Professionals
- How to promote natural resiliency in at risk populations and veterans
- A step by step, manualized technique for helping others recover from unexpected traumatizing events
- Practice using competency-based self help
- Ethics, including importance of “do no harm” for TSRT instructors
- The opportunity to take a test to be certified as a TSRT Level I instructor
TSRT Oriented Treatment: 2 Day Seminar
Use experientially based interventions to compliment ones theoretical understanding of TSRT
Learn how TSRT oriented therapy can help improve therapy outcomes when working with traumatized high risk professionals
Be given the opportunity to take tests to be certified as a Level I TSRT or Level II TSRT certified professional